Citi Upgrades Mobile App For U.S. Clients
- Mobile Banking
- 01.07.2015 01:00 am
Citi announced today the release of its completely redesigned Citi Mobile® App for iPhone® in the U.S. The new app for consumer banking and credit card customers enables the use of the Touch ID feature on iPhone devices, integrates with Apple Watch™ and adds new features responding to customer feedback and changing behaviors.
Citi redesigned the app, consolidating menus, delivering effortless browsing, and introducing a new, simplified experience.
“Citi customers want mobile banking that is fast, easy and makes their lives simpler,” said Citi Global Consumer Banking Chief Client Experience, Digital and Marketing Officer Heather Cox. “Last year we launched Citi Mobile Snapshot to give customers pre-login access to account information. Today, we are taking the next major step by enabling login with a mere touch through Touch ID, while also introducing a suite of new features easily navigated in a completely redesigned app.”
Faster, Easier Access
Customers want mobile banking to be as quick and easy as possible. Last year, Citi was the first major U.S. bank to introduce pre-login access to key account information through Citi Mobile® Snapshot, an opt-in feature. To provide faster access to transactions, Citi Mobile customers can now log in through the Touch ID feature on iPhone devices. The combination of Citi Mobile Snapshot to view and Touch ID to transact allows Citi customers to bank wherever and whenever they want.
Redesigned Experience and New Features
The app has been completely rebuilt to be more visually appealing and easier to use, and it adds new features developed as a result of direct feedback from Citi customers. The enhancements include:
- Mobile Bill Pay Tools: The app now allows customers to add and modify bill payees in addition to making payments. Previously that was possible only through Citibank® Online.
- Easier Mobile Check Deposits: The app now better leverages the iPhone’s powerful camera to offer an auto-capture feature within Mobile Check Deposit for improved image clarity.
- Spend Notifications: Customers can opt to receive real-time push notifications of charges over a pre-set amount to help keep track of spending.
- Enhanced Search: Customers can now search and view historical transactions directly in the app.
- ATM Finder: The new ATM Finder saves previous searches so customers can locate the nearest ATM even faster.
- “Make a Payment:” Credit card payments are now easier with the addition of the “Make a Payment” button on the account summary page and can be started from Citi Mobile Snapshot mode.
- Intuitive Experience: The new app includes numerous navigation improvements to make it faster and easier for customers to complete their banking on the go.
One App for iPhone and Apple Watch
The new Citi Mobile app will power the Apple Watch with features that include recent transactions, account balances and push notifications. In March 2015, Citi announced the first banking app for Apple Watch. At the time, customers banking on an Apple Watch needed to download a separate app to access their accounts on the watch. Today the Citi Mobile app itself powers the Apple Watch.
“At Citi we are always listening to our customers to learn how to improve their digital banking experiences,” said Citi Global Consumer Banking Head of Digital Melissa Stevens. “Customers have asked for faster and easier access, mobile bill pay tools, credit card spend notifications and simpler app menus, and with the new Citi Mobile app, we’ve made major strides toward delivering those things and more.”