RSA SecurID is the authentication mechanism invented by RSA (currently part of EMC) based on the two – factor authentication with the use of software or hardware tokens. The solution helps organizations to solve complex and sensitive security challenges. The hardware tokens authenticate users by leveraging “something they know” (user name and passcode) and “something they have” (the PIN code on the token). On the top of that RSA SecurID operating model generates and displays new codes every 60 seconds for its hardware tokens.
- Cryptographic Token Key Initialization Protocol (CT-KIP)
- Basic token code functionality, or a USB form factor for additional smart card capabilities in hardware tokens
- Software tokens are secured on the user’s PC, smart phone or USB device
- Support of the most widely deployed mobile and web platforms
- Reduction in the number of devices to manage for secure access
- Over 400 technology integrations