P20 Joins Forces With UK National Cyber Security Centre, New York City Office of Financial Empowerment, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta and More to Address Urgent Need for Secure Payments
- 24.09.2020 03:58 pm
● The fourth P20 Global Payments Conference will take place on September 29 and 30 and will address the critical issue of ‘How to deliver secure payments for all’.
● Welcome addresses will be delivered by US Secretary of the Treasury, Steven Mnuchin, UK Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rishi Sunak, and Canadian Minister of Small Business, Export Promotion and International Trade, Mary Ng.
● Other speakers include top government officials, regulators and global payments experts from the UK, USA and Canada
● Insightful conversations with General David Petraeus, former Director of CIA, Admiral Lord West, former First Sea Lord and UK Security Minister, Antony Phillipson, UK HM Trade Commissioner for North America and US Congressman George Holding.
● This comes as fraud losses worldwide are projected to rise to $35.67 billion in five years.
● Broadcast quality production with live Q&A after each panel.
The fourth P20 Global Payments Conference, will be held virtually on September 29 and 30 and will address the critical issue of how to deliver secure payments for all.
The P20 annual conference convenes leaders in government, business and regulation from across the payments industry, and invites them to collaborate in applying their collective expertise to tackle some of the most pressing challenges in payments.
Through a series of keynotes, panel discussions and in-depth Q&A sessions, the P20 conference will conclude with actionable outcomes designed to guide and implement change. The goal is to build a global payments industry that is secure, accessible and affordable for all.
This year’s conference will focus on three key pillars: regulation, cyber security and financial inclusion. Gwyneth Nurse, Director of Financial Services, UK HM Treasury, will deliver the keynote for the regulation pillar, discussing the importance of regulation in delivering secure payments, specifically in combating fraud and criminal transactions.
The keynote for the financial inclusion pillar will come from Michael Froman, Vice Chairman, Mastercard and former US Trade Representative. It will be followed by a panel discussion on the practicalities of collaboration and adopting best practice, with panellists including Charles Reynolds, SVP, Strategic Processors at Mastercard, Nicole Perry, Deputy Commissioner, Office of Financial Empowerment, New York City and Lee Rowley MP, UK House of Commons.
There will also be a dedicated panel on payments in a post-COVID-19 world, that will be moderated by Alastair Lukies CBE, Member, UK Prime Minister’s Business Council, and include speakers from FIS, Pay.UK, and Dun & Bradstreet.
Each day, the conference will conclude with two wide ranging conversations, the first with Admiral Lord West, former First Sea Lord and UK Security Minister and the second with General David Petraeus, former Director of CIA.
Duncan Sandys, CEO, P20, comments: “Holding P20 as a virtual conference for the first time presents us with an incredibly exciting opportunity. Without people having to travel to attend the event in person, we have been able to convene more leaders from a greater variety of places around the world. The outcome of which is a conference that will be truly global and rich in insight from world leading payment experts.”
You can secure an invitation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.