EMC Enhances its Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Application
- Hybrid clouds
- 26.08.2016 12:15 pm
EMC announced general availability for EMC® Enterprise Hybrid Cloud v4.0, as well as planned enhancements for both Enterprise Hybrid Cloud and EMC Native Hybrid Cloud, designed to help customers advance their journey for both traditional and cloud-native applications. Enterprise Hybrid Cloud v4.0 extends IT's ability to update legacy application infrastructure to meet the demands of a digital world. A new Native Hybrid Cloud offering built on hyper-converged VCE® VxRail™ Appliances provides a platform that delivers a simple, fast and easy path toward the development and deployment of cloud native applications.
Understanding the needs of organizations to transform to a more modern, automated, self-service IT environment, EMC continues to develop and deliver innovations into its cloud platforms that are designed, supported and sustained as one to help customers simplify and accelerate their digital business initiatives.
Enterprise Hybrid Cloud
For businesses primarily running business-critical applications such as SAP, Oracle, or Microsoft Exchange, Enterprise Hybrid Cloud automates the delivery of infrastructure services to improve predictability, reliability, and efficiency of those services while increasing resource utilization.
New capabilities in Enterprise Hybrid Cloud v4.0 include:
- Multi-Site Support: Extends Enterprise Hybrid Cloud from dual-site to up to four datacenter sites with up to four instances of vCenter. This enables EMC customers with physically distributed data centers to centrally manage their multi-site cloud using a self-service catalog
- Enhanced Data Protection: Data protection choices can now span multiple sites. In addition, new data protection options enable recovery to any point-in-time from outages, corruption or disasters for individual or groups of Virtual Machines via the self-service catalog. And enhancements to backup support allow modifications to backup service levels to be performed at any time throughout the lifecycle of a workload from the self-service catalog
- Anytime VM Encryption: The ability to add or remove encryption for VMs via the self-service catalog at any time in the lifecycle of a VM
Additional enhancements to Enterprise Hybrid Cloud are targeted for later this year. These enhancements are planned to include new workflows that automate application to infrastructure provisioning to reduce the time and complexity of delivering new services.
Native Hybrid Cloud
For organizations looking to differentiate their businesses through the rapid development of cloud native applications, Native Hybrid Cloud offers a turnkey Pivotal Cloud Foundry platform. EMC today announced plans for a new, Native Hybrid Cloud offering based on the VCE VxRail 200 and 200F models.
Designed to start small and quickly scale as demand for new applications grow, the platform is planned to provide organizations with a flexible, cost effective and optimized hybrid cloud platform for cloud native application development and deployment that is inclusive of IaaS, PaaS and developer & IT OPS services. Benefits include:
- Customers can now quickly deploy a turnkey modern application development platform into their environment while leveraging their existing and proven investments in VMware infrastructure and knowledge of VMware vSphere and Virtual SAN technologies
- Delivers centralized infrastructure resource management, provisioning and performance evaluation from the familiar vCenter Server Console
- Delivers the benefits of EMC converged infrastructure: increased agility, simplified operations and lower risk
General availability of Native Hybrid Cloud on VCE VxRail Appliances 200 and 200F are planned for the end of the third quarter of 2016.
Market Industry Analyst Quote
Dan Conde, Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
"Enterprise Hybrid Cloud (EHC) allows IT organizations to reduce the time and cost of delivering IT services for business critical applications while Native Hybrid Cloud (NHC) offers a turnkey, Pivotal Cloud Foundry platform for modern applications. What makes these platforms distinctive is that they offer a rich set of options for layered services such as disaster recovery for EHC or choices in software platforms for NHC, while simplifying packaging, operational management and deployment. Thus, they may be tailored to specific needs while providing the benefits of a converged solution."
VMware Executive Quote:
Loretta Brown, Vice president, Federation, VMware
"Enterprise Hybrid Cloud and Native Hybrid Cloud are built on a foundation of proven VMware technologies. With the vRealize Cloud Management platform, Enterprise Hybrid Cloud delivers customers the cloud consumption experience and agility they need to make their transformational cloud journey. These platforms accelerate IT's ability to deliver a software-defined environment that is ready to support the needs of both traditional and cloud-native applications."
EMC Executive Quote:
Peter Cutts, Vice President, Solutions, EMC Corporation
"EMC's Enterprise Hybrid Cloud and Native Hybrid Cloud are the fastest, surest path to the cloud based on the unrivaled level of collaboration between EMC and VMware. They enable our customers to shift their focus from building infrastructure to delivering innovative new services that differentiate their business. Today's announcements emphasize our commitment to developing hybrid cloud platforms that ignite our customers' IT transformations and simplify and accelerate their path to becoming digital-driven businesses."