NRI reveals Shingan AD, Alternative Data Insights for Global Institutional Investors
- 15.11.2019 04:51 am
Nomura Research Institute, Ltd. (NRI), a leading provider of consulting services and system solutions, announced today they will launch Shingan AD, a new service providing institutional investors with Japanese alternative data and data analysis on December 1st, 2019
The use of alternative data in investment decision-making is growing rapidly. Sourcing, cleansing, and preparing large amount of data for analysis presents a big challenge for institutional investors who are looking for untapped alpha.
NRI’s new offering, Shingan AD, allows institutional investors to easily access Japanese alternative data. A wide range of alternative data collected from Japanese companies and data vendors is available, as well as data processing and analysis services.
“Launching Shingan AD has been an exciting development for NRI, and we’re quite thrilled to see the already high demand for the Japanese alternative data from the global marketplace, particularly from North America,” said Shigeki Hayashi, Senior Corporate Managing Director of NRI.“ We’re proud of this new offering and are committed to helping fund managers and investors find untapped alpha in our market and support their data-driven investment initiatives.”
Shingan AD covers a wide range of data from various industries such as Consumer Transaction, PoS (Point of Sales), Mobile App, Healthcare and Sentiment Score data. Data presentation is customizable to the clients desired format, including raw, processed and/or in combination.
Consumers’ purchase information on daily necessities collected from Japan’s largest consumer panel
· Earnings forecast for retailers
· Economic trend analysis
Point of sales data collected from Japan’s largest retailer panel
· Sales trend analysis for consume good manufacturers
· Regional economy analysis
· Consumer price index trend analysis
Mobile usage data collected from Japan’s largest usage history monitoring source
· Retailers performance forecast as a tool for asset management and trading
· Performance analysis on gaming app companies
· Comparison between payment service providers
Prescription drug sales data
· Pharmaceutical industry’s performance forecast as a tool for asset management and trading
· Drug trend analysis
Score on corporate culture calculated based on employee reviews online
· Evaluation of corporate culture from employee’s viewpoints and application to asset management and investment / loan evaluation
The data coverage is expected to increase in the future.