CreditEnable wins UK’s Rise Fin-Tech of the Year at Barclays Entrepreneur Awards
- Artificial Intelligence , Credit Cards , Data
- 25.10.2021 01:30 pm
Barclays has announced CreditEnable as a winner at the 2021 national Barclays Entrepreneur Awards.
CreditEnable was named as the UK’s Rise Fin-Tech of the Year, which recognises a company that is leading the way as a FinTech disruptor and is building the future of financial services.
CreditEnable is a multi-award-winning credit insight and technology company that has developed a technology platform that efficiently intermediates the SME credit market by enabling cost effective lending and quick access to affordable debt for SMEs. The company applies proprietary data analytics and AI technology to solve one of the world’s biggest financial challenges: access to affordable finance.
Its lender solutions enable profitable growth by substantially reducing the time involved with underwriting SME loans, provide efficient access to quality borrowers and improve the quality of SME loan books. The firm’s borrower solutions help SMEs better understand lenders’ credit requirements, get prepared for debt and secure the capital they need at an affordable rate.
Nadia Sood, Group CEO & Founder of CreditEnable, said: “We are extremely honoured and grateful to be recognised for our work making affordable finance more accessible and driving greater financial inclusion for SMEs. It is a great recognition for the entire company and for all those of us who are using technology to bring easy, affordable access to SMEs.”
The Barclays Entrepreneur Awards recognise the importance of the UK’s entrepreneurial spirit, and showcase founders and their businesses from across the country, who amid the pandemic have succeeded in bringing together their creativity, passion and innovation to run successful high growth businesses.
Katherine Morgan, Head of High Growth & Entrepreneurs at Barclays, said: “The national awards are a celebration of the exceptional innovation and leadership entrepreneurs demonstrate, helping to create social change and boost our local economies. This is our opportunity to celebrate some of the UK’s most successful home-grown ventures, many of whom have skilfully utilised international markets, in turn generating new jobs and driving economic growth. These awards allow us to recognise and celebrate the founders behind these businesses, and we would like to congratulate Nadia and the team at CreditEnable on their success.”
The national judging panel was made up of key industry leaders and influencers, who selected the overall national winners, drawn from over 1,000 applications across the UK.
The Barclays Entrepreneur Awards consist of ten award categories, ranging from start-up through to international expansion. For the first time, a number of Barclays partners who provide services to help businesses thrive have taken the opportunity to sponsor a category.
Barclays Entrepreneur Awards full list of winners:
- Start-Up Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by Barclays: entrepreneurs who have started new, fast-growing businesses. Winner - Hertility Health, London
- Scale up Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by Propel: entrepreneurs whose businesses are growing on a rapid scale. Winner – Itch, North East
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by Smart Pension: entrepreneurs whose companies have delivered transformative social or environmental change. Winner – Changes UK CIC, Midlands
- International Expansion of the Year, sponsored by Nimbla: businesses that have established an impressive trading footprint and market growth in international markets over the last three years. Winner – ChickenGuard, East of England
- Entrepreneur Icon of the Year, sponsored by MarketFinance: entrepreneurs who have successfully turned their vision into reality. Winner – Dr Harry Destecroix, CEO of Science Creates, South West and Wales
- The Barclaycard Next Level Award: recognises the entrepreneurs/businesses that have overcome a significant challenge or grabbed their big business growth moment. Winner – T.H.Burroughs Family Butcher, South West and Wales
- Eagle Labs Innovation Award: companies that have demonstrated impact through digital empowerment and innovative collaboration. Winner – Yoello, South West and Wales
- Rise FinTech Company of the Year Award: companies from the Rise network and Barclays Accelerator Alumni who are creating scaling businesses that are transforming financial services. Winner – CreditEnable, Mumbai
- Outstanding Contribution to Entrepreneurship Award recognises an individual who has had a profound impact on the entrepreneurial ecosystem, shaping and influencing the profile and importance of entrepreneurs for the UK and beyond. Winner – Brent Shawzin Hoberman CBE, a British entrepreneur who together with Martha Lane Fox founded Lastminute.com in 1998.
- People’s Choice Award: for the individual or company who has received the most votes from the general public. Winner – BeoBia, Midlands