Capacity Unveils AI Knowledge Sharing Platform; Boosts Workplace Productivity
- Artificial Intelligence
- 21.08.2019 01:49 pm
Capacity officially introduced its secure, AI-native knowledge-sharing platform. Designed to meet the expectations of today’s workforce, Capacity is a cloud-based system built on AI that captures, mines, and connects organizational knowledge to maximize employee productivity. The company also announced that it raised $13.2 million in Series B funding from a Midwest network of private and angel investors to help support company growth and scale its technology.
“We couldn’t be more excited to launch our AI-powered knowledge sharing platform under the new Capacity brand,” said David Karandish, CoFounder and CEO of Capacity. “We chose the name Capacity because we firmly believe that the more organizations share and leverage their knowledge, the greater capacity their teams will have to do outstanding work.”
Companies continue to invest billions of dollars into new applications, systems, and databases to create more effective workplace environments. Unfortunately, these systems still aren’t built for the way teams work today, frequently acting as yet another barrier between employees and the knowledge they need to excel in their work. Team members are forced to waste costly hours every day searching for information that’s spread across dozens of systems, which reduces their capacity, engagement, and overall satisfaction.
Capacity addresses these challenges by capturing tacit knowledge, mining documents, and spreadsheets, and connecting to enterprise apps—making everything instantly accessible through a single, automated chat platform.
“In the banking industry, our workforce has to learn more and more, year after year because we continue to add various channels, products, and ways our team can access information and conduct a transaction,” said Jason Peach, President, and CEO at West Community Credit Union. “We introduced the Capacity platform to fill that void and ensure that our team has access to the information and knowledge they need.”
Capacity is on a mission to help teams do their best work, by making all organizational knowledge quick and easy to find, share, and leverage. The platform also helps organizations work smarter as a whole through its AI-assisted conversational workflows. Capacity adheres to industry-standard security and data compliance protocols, such as SOC 2 and GDPR, and currently integrates with more than 50 of today's most popular workplace applications and platforms.
Capacity’s features include:
- Enterprise Search is a collection of connectors that allows companies to integrate with over 50 popular apps right out of the box, in addition to a Developer Platform to connect Capacity to custom and proprietary applications.
- LiveDocs enables Capacity to instantly mine information from documents, spreadsheets, and webpages.
- Knowledge Base enables Capacity to pinpoint and capture the oftentimes hidden expertise within an organization—including who the organization’s experts are.
- Conversations create a detailed conversational workflow for questions that require complex answers.
- CoPilot Console features an intuitive, human-in-the-loop helpdesk interface that reinforces the platform’s machine learning. No integrations or installs required.
“Today’s workplace systems are not designed for how people actually work. Consumer-grade tools like Netflix and Google have shown us that people prefer a personalized experience—but enterprise software hasn’t kept up,” said David Karandish. “We built our new product suite with our fellow consumer in mind, so that Capacity feels less like the software you have to use, and more like the software you want to use.”