- 7 months 4 days ago 09:00 am
- 1 year 10 months ago 01:00 am
- 2 years 4 months ago 09:00 am
- 2 years 4 months ago 03:00 am
- 2 years 5 months ago 09:00 am
In my talks and panel discussions across the region, a key question invariably asked is: WHY NOW? What's so different or special now that everyone is going ga-ga over Fintech.
Here I will attempt to demystify it:
Given these factors, it's no surprise that 4 out of 10 FI innovators are non banks! Expect to see many more in the coming years...
5. Exponential mobile growth: This is not only leading to newer business models like P2P payments in millennials, but also driving financial inclusion of the 2 billion un(der) banked.
6. Private funding: Low Fixed cost models combined with $ 30 billion in venture funding means thousands of fintechs can see the light of the day. Most likely, 99% will die!
Yet 1% of approx 12K fintechs means over 50-100 great success stories!
No wonder this threat/opportunity (depending on how you perceive it) is REAL..
Get FinTech news headlines, videos, stories and product reviews on your mobile device. Download Financial IT App for Free