Chubb Announced New Distribution Appointments
- People Moves
- 01.02.2016 09:45 am
Chubb today announced a number of new distribution appointments with immediate effect. This follows the recent appointments, previously announced:
- David Robinson: Executive Vice President, Europe and President, UK and Ireland. In addition, reporting to David Robinson:
- Phil Sharpe: Chief Operating Officer for Chubb's UK and Ireland Property and Casualty business; and
- Jeremy Miles: Head of Distribution UK and Ireland.
In addition to these and its nine UK and Ireland product heads announced last week, Chubb has also announced two further distribution management appointments for the UK and Ireland reporting to Jeremy Miles, effective immediately.
- Jon Houghton, who has been appointed Distribution Manager – National brokers, UK and Ireland at Chubb; and,
- Jon Nottingham, who has been appointed Distribution Manager – Independent brokers, UK and Ireland at Chubb
In their roles, Jon Houghton will focus on developing national broking partners and Jon Nottingham on independent broker partner engagement with responsibility for developing the 'Cornerstone' programme for independent broker partners.
Both appointments will be based in London and are effective immediately.
The new Chubb will continue to operate across four UK and Ireland regions as well as London.
Reporting to Phil Sharpe, COO, UK and Ireland, the Regional Managers for UK and Ireland have been announced as:
- Ireland (Dublin and Belfast): Jim Duncan, formerly Regional Manager, Ireland, for ACE, will serve as Regional Manager Ireland for Chubb
- Midlands and South (Birmingham, Watford, Reading and now also Maidstone): Andy Francis, formerly UK & Ireland Commercial Manager for legacy Chubb, will serve as Regional Manager, Midlands and South for Chubb
The company's Midlands and South region is made up of Chubb's Birmingham, Reading and Watford branches and now also includes its Maidstone branch.
- Northern (Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle): Ian Fox, formerly Regional Manager, North for ACE, will serve as Regional Manager North for Chubb
- Scotland (Glasgow and Aberdeen): Andy Macfarlane, formerly Regional Manager, Scotland for ACE, will serve as Regional Manager Scotland for Chubb
Jeremy Miles, Head of Distribution for Chubb's UK and Ireland region, said:
"Bringing together the complementary strengths of Jon and Jon will ensure our brokers have access to our underwriting capabilities in a way that aligns to their own business strategy."
Phil Sharpe, Chief Operating Officer for Chubb's UK and Ireland region, added:
"Local presence is an imperative part of our customer and service proposition. By combining resources from across our two former organisations, our four leaders will ensure that our underwriting capabilities are accessible across the UK and Ireland and that underwriting decisions will continue to be made locally."