Banc of California Announces Expands its Private Banking Division with New Hires
- People Moves
- 17.10.2016 02:15 pm
Banc of California announced today it has made several new hires to its Private Banking Division, including the addition of Jay Sanders as Executive Vice President, Private Banking.
Mr. Sanders, who will lead Banc of California's Private Banking Division, joins from CIT Bank where he served as Executive Vice President and Head of Wealth Management, Private Banking, and Fiduciary Services. While at CIT Bank, Mr. Sanders was responsible for the buildout and strategy of CIT Private Bank. Previously, Mr. Sanders worked at Bank of America Merrill Lynch for over 15 years, including as a Managing Director within its global wealth management and investment division.
In addition, Banc of California announced it has expanded its private banking division with the hiring of five new Senior Directors:
- Thomas Smykal joins Banc of California as Senior Director, Private Banking. Mr. Smykal joins from CIT Bank and brings over 30 years of experience in private and commercial banking, including previous experience at U.S. Trust, Northern Trust, Bank of America, and Comerica.
- Eric Bacura joins Banc of California as Senior Director, Private Banking. Mr. Bacura joins from CIT Bank and brings 22 years of experience in private and commercial banking, including previous experience at City National Bank and Northern Trust.
- Demetrio Kerrison joins Banc of California as Senior Director, Private Banking. Mr. Kerrison joins from CIT Bank and brings over 30 years of experience in private banking and investment advisory, including previous experience at UBS, Merrill Lynch, and Smith Barney.
- Ashley Rochester joins Banc of California as Senior Director, Private Banking. Mr. Rochester joins from CIT Bank and brings over 18 years of experience, most recently as Relationship Manager, Director, Private Banking Group. Mr. Rochester previously worked in commercial banking at U.S. Bank and California Bank & Trust.
- Tyler McCalister joins Banc of California as Senior Director, Private Mortgage Banking. Mr. McCalister joins from CIT Bank and brings over 8 years of experience in private mortgage banking at J.P. Morgan.
"Banc of California's Private Banking Division continues to grow its market share throughout California. We are excited to accelerate this growth by continuing to invest in our team. Jay is an experienced leader who will accelerate the growth of our private banking franchise. We are thrilled to welcome Jay on board," said Steven Sugarman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Banc of California. "We believe today's announcement reflects the broader success we continue to see in attracting high quality talent. Thomas, Eric, Demetrio, Ashley, and Tyler share our values, energy, and passion, and will help us further our mission as California's Bank. Our fresh approach to banking -- focused on empowering California through its diverse businesses, entrepreneurs, and communities -- continues to yield positive results for all our stakeholders."
Banc of California's Private Banking Division offers the highest level of personal, business, and entertainment banking solutions to clients and their fiduciaries. Headquartered in Century City, California, the Private Banking Division also has offices in Calabasas andWoodland Hills.
"As a third generation Californian, I am very excited to join California's Bank and focus on the unique needs of California's private banking clients," said Jay Sanders, Executive Vice President, Private Banking for Banc of California. "I look forward to building upon the terrific reputation Banc of California has built in the marketplace. We will continue to focus on attracting the top private bankers in the state, deliver an unparalleled client experience, and reflect the values and spirit innovation that are the hallmark of California."
Banc of California plans to announce third quarter 2016 financial results on Thursday, October 20, 2016, before market open. The Company will host a conference call to discuss its third quarter earnings at 7:00 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on the same day. Interested parties are welcome to attend the conference call by dialing 888-317-6003, and referencing event code 8186667. A live audio webcast will also be available and the webcast link will be posted on the Company's investor relations website athttps://www.bancofcal.com/investor. The slide presentation for the call will also be available on the Company's website prior to the call.