Open Banking Expo to Host its Flagship European Event This Fall In Person in Amsterdam
- Open Banking
- 12.08.2022 07:40 am
Open Banking Expo, the largest global community of Open Banking and Open Finance executives driving the biggest digital transformation in the financial services sector, is back with its flagship event in Europe, and this year it will be in person.
Adam Cox, co-founder of Open Banking Expo, said: “PSD2 and Open Banking have continued to accelerate, reshaping the European financial services ecosystem and paving the way for PSD3 and Open Finance. So, Open Banking Expo Europe returns to bring together those leading the Open Banking, Open Finance and Open Payments revolution to shine a light on the work of innovators, regulators and policymakers across the European ecosystem.”
Set against a volatile geopolitical and regulatory backdrop, this year’s event will provide a platform to review progress, share the most exciting developments, analyse current regional trends, and discuss predictions for 2023 and beyond.
With Token as its headline partner, the Expo will cover a number of key themes and pressing topics, such as what an interoperable Open Finance framework might look like now that a common API standard is potentially in sight, and how innovation is forging a new path for payments experiences like no other.
Todd Clyde, CEO of Token, said: “As open banking fundamentally changes the payments landscape, all eyes of the global payments community are on Europe, which is now recognised as a pioneer in embracing Open Banking and API-centric models. On the back of this, we expect to see Open Banking payments exceed $87 billion in the next five years in Europe. As both European regulation and innovation continue to push account-to-account (A2A) payments into the mainstream this year, I am pleased to announce that Token.io is the Headline Partner of the 2022 Open Banking Expo Europe. This September, we look forward to reuniting in Amsterdam to drive new conversations and opportunities around A2A payments and the future of Open Banking and Open Finance in Europe.”
The topics of digital and sustainable finance will also be at the forefront of the rich, uniquely Europe-focused agenda, with an exceptional speaker line-up to match it, including:
· Marina Moretti, Assistant Director, Financial Supervision and Regulation, IMF – opening keynote
· Patrick De Neef, Chief Innovation Officer, De Nederlandsche Bank – closing keynote
· Ruta Merkeviciute, Head of Digital Finance Unit, EBA
· Christian Schäfer, Product Management Head Payments, Deutsche Bank
· Gijs Boudewijn, Deputy General Manager, Dutch Payments Association & Chair, Payments Systems Committee, European Banking Federation
· Joris Hensen, Initiator and Co-Lead Deutsche Bank API Program, Deutsche Bank
· Ghela Boskovich, Head of Europe, FDATA
· Teunis Brosens, ING DMI Digital Forum
· Katharina Berner, Product Owner API Strategy, Open Banking & Digital Ecosystems, Commerzbank
· Alexander Stevens, CEO, Greenomy
· Emma Kisby, CEO, CoGo
· Ana Climente, Head of Open Banking, Spain, BBVA
· Xiaochen Zhang, Principal Manager, AWS
· Laura Mian, Open Banking innovation driver, ING Wholesale Banking
· Hetal Popat, Open Banking Director, HSBC
· Javier Oprejas Saldaña, Head, Banking Services EMEA & the Americas, Global Delivery Centre, IATA
· Todd Clyde, CEO, Token
· Arturo Gonzales Mac Dowell, European Retail Payments Board; European Payments Council Board Member, Tink
· Hubert Rachwalski, CEO, Nethone
· Lana Tahirli Abdullayeva, Founder, Chez Fintech
· Samantha Seaton, CEO, Moneyhub
The Expo was launched in 2019 in person but had to move online in 2020 and 2021. This year’s event will take place in Amsterdam on 29-30 September, with tickets now available to be secured at https://www.openbankingexpo.com/europe/europe-registration/.