Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, andNexGen Networks, a leading global provider of ultra-high-speed fiber-optic services with a distinctive customer service approach, today announced that NexGen has deployed new network Points of Presence (PoPs) in its Tokyo (TY3) and Frankfurt (FR2) data centers.
This expansion adds coverage of the APAC region for NexGen customers. As a longtime Equinix customer, NexGen Networks has leveraged Platform Equinix™ to scale its business to now provide an ultra-low latency route between Europe and Asia to meet the needs of global enterprises.
Highlights / Key Facts
· NexGen Networks has been working with Equinix for nearly a decade and has utilized Equinix’s global footprint of IBX data centers to establish a presence in many of the top metros for international markets including Chicago, New York City, London, Philadelphia, and most recently in Tokyo and Frankfurt.
· Equinix’s centrally located FR2 data center in Frankfurt is among the world’s most carrier-dense, thanks in part to a partnership with DE-CIX Frankfurt, the largest Internet exchange point in the world. NexGen’s expansion to FR2 represents another substantial step to ensuring that its customers have access to the most critical infrastructure in the key financial and commercial centers of the world. Additionally, this presence provides NexGen and its clients access to direct and settlement-free IP interconnection infrastructure in Germany.
· At Equinix’s TY3 data center, NexGen will be able to deliver local or regional 10Gb wavelength or traditional Ethernet services, as well as offering connections from TY3 over the RJCN/TEA and PC1 routes, which are particularly beneficial for financial institutions that require low latency options to equities and futures markets in Europe and U.S. Additionally, NexGen clients will be able to take advantage of a full range of premium colocation, interconnection and support services at the facility, which is a major peering and Internet exchange point for the Asia-Pacific region with connections to the Japan’s two largest financial exchanges—the Tokyo Futures Exchange (TFX) and the Tokyo Commodities Exchange (TOCOM).
· With more than 100 International Business Exchange (IBX®) data centers in in 33 markets, Equinix’s facilities provide a dynamic environment where rich business ecosystems of major networks, enterprises, cloud service providers and business partners interconnect to each other and to more than 1,100+ available networks. NexGen Networks clients will benefit from these opportunities for interconnectivity, as well as from direct access to important banking, commerce, and telecommunications infrastructure.
· By providing additional capacity on its fiber backbone, NexGen Networks is able to more effectively meet the growing needs of global enterprises who are adopting hybrid cloud and require up to 100G of bandwidth or transport between Equinix data centers and back office. Enterprises looking to build a multi-cloud architecture can also tap Equinix’s cloud ecosytem of more than 500 cloud service and directly connect to top providers including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft ExpressRoute, and Google Cloud Platform on the Equinix Cloud Exchange.
· NexGen’s continued expansion on Platform Equinix is the latest in a series of proactive data center deployments globally to ensure that clients can leverage the most advanced and reliable infrastructure.
· Earlier this year Equinix announced that it is boosting interconnection capacity by opening new data centers in five major markets including New York and London. By providing this increased capacity, Equinix expands its role in advancing the digital economy's interconnected era, in which businesses are demanding increasing levels of interconnection to accelerate business performance.
· Jeffrey Barth, vice president of sales, NexGen Networks:
“This expansion will improve service for our customers around the world, providing uninterrupted, high speed access to leading financial centers. Furthermore, it provides interconnection with our recently acquired capacity on the TEA cable system, which gives us an incredibly efficient and reliable path from Europe into Asia.”
· Jim Poole, vice president, global service providers, Equinix:
“Equinix’s unmatched data center footprint means businesses can rapidly deploy data center operations worldwide and have the flexibility to scale up or down to suit business needs. NexGen Networks is a perfect example of a customer that agressively grew its business on Platform Equinix and we are looking forward to continuing on this exciting journey.”