Latest Version of the Appian Platform Delivers Complete Process Automation
- 07.03.2023 05:00 am
Appian today announced the immediate availability of the latest version of the Appian Platform for process automation. The new release features enhancements in total experience, data fabric, automation, and process mining, all underpinned by Appian’s industrial-strength low-code design.
“Organisations must go beyond applications that provide automation at the task level and begin implementing process orchestrations that unify humans, systems, and digital workers,” said Michael Beckley, Founder and CTO at Appian. “Appian delivers the end-to-end process control organisations need to design new digital solutions, automate complex processes, and optimise business operations to drive continuous improvement.”
Enhancements to Appian Portals extend total experience benefits across business-to-business and business-to-consumer use cases. In under four weeks, Appian customer AARP built a robust, secure, and engaging Appian Portals experience to support the Fraud Watch Volunteer program providing support to fraud victims among AARP’s 40 million members.
“We needed a way to accept and process applications from volunteers, and we spent more than 18 months looking for a technology that would enable that while meeting our very strict security requirements,” said Fisnik Shpuza, Director of Workflow Automation at AARP. “Appian Portals gave us everything we needed. It’s secure, it’s beautiful and looks like an AARP web page, and it connects all the incoming data directly into our process.”
The new release makes it easier than ever to build beautiful and intuitive web and mobile Portals that engage external users in a seamless total experience with internal employees. New features include:
• Start Process from Portals: Start any process automation directly from a Portals interface. Appian customers can initiate end-to-end process automation directly in a Portal enabling the orchestration of AI services, assigning human tasks or executing robotic process automation.
• Query Appian’s data fabric from Portals: It is now streamlined to query and display record data in Portals from Appian’s data fabric, without the need for complex integration calls.
• Portals Header Bar and Pages: Engage Portals users with great experiences. Add a header bar for multi-page navigation to connect with your users in more ways, all with no code.
• Portals Change Management: Changing and iterating Portals is even easier. With the addition of new proactive actions and recommendations, Appian proactively updates portals and notifies developers when objects change.
The Appian Data Fabric unifies data across systems without moving the data, dramatically reducing the time needed to build powerful applications. The latest Appian release includes enhancements that make working with the Data Fabric even easier, including:
• Centralised Record Security: Secure all aspects of your records in one place. Quickly specify who can see which records and record views and what actions they can take.
• No-Code Security Rules: Now specify security by answering two simple questions–Who can see it, and when?
• Simplification: Appian’s Data Fabric now features drag-and-drop record type configurations, auto-generation of user record type relationships, database updates with codeless data modelling, the ability to combine data across record types, and more.
In today’s economy, IT leaders must continue to deliver value to the business with fewer resources, while driving greater operational efficiency. Business leaders face increasing regulatory compliance burdens, driving a need for end-to-end process control, and they are also experiencing pressure to digitally innovate to remain competitive.
The latest version of the Appian Platform helps IT leaders achieve digital agility while enabling business leaders to easily design, automate, and optimise business operations to drive efficiency and deliver new digital innovations.
To try the latest version of the Appian Platform for yourself, sign up for your free Appian Community Edition.