Bittium exhibits its innovative R&D services for IoT (Internet of Things); and medical technology products at Wearable Technology Show 2018, to be held in ExCel, London, the United Kingdom on March 13–14, 2017. Bittium’s strong competence in medical grade R&D services, wireless devices, digitalization and information security enable us to create solutions which bring clear added value to both healthcare workers and patients.
At the event Bittium has a speaking slot in the Digital health technology track: "Medical remote monitoring in the 5G era”. Remote medical monitoring is one of the fastest growing medical device and service segments in the world. What does 5G connectivity bring in to the equation? The speaker is Pekka Pirttiaho, Sales Director of Medical Technology product and service area. Bittium is also participating in a discussion panel about ”AI – taking healthcare to another level”. The panel of experts will discuss about what kind of problems are possible to solve with the help of artificial intelligence regarding to patients, hospitals, and the healthcare industry in general, and what is on the horizon. Bittium’s panelist is AI Specialist Vili Kellokumpu.
Timings for the presentations:
- Speaking slot: “Medical Remote Monitoring in the 5G Era”, Disrupt Theatre, March 13 at 3.00 – 3.25 pm, speaker Pekka Pirttiaho
- Panel discussion: ”AI – taking healthcare to another level”, Disrupt Theatre, March 13 at 3.25 – 3.55 pm, panelist Vili Kellokumpu
Products and services presented at the event:
- R&D and Digitalization services: Bittium provides professional design services and technology expertise in the areas of medical devices, network infrastructure, and IoT solutions. Strong competence in R&D services, wireless devices, digitalization and information security along with the ISO 13485 certificate enable us to create solutions which bring clear added value to both healthcare workers and patients.
- Bittium Faros is a versatile ECG device that is used for early detection of cardiac abnormalities in everyday life. Bittium Faros is ultra-small and lightweight and enables precise long-term full disclosure ECG measurements and recordings, monitoring abnormal cardiac events, mobile cardiac telemetry and assessing autonomic nervous system functioning.
Bittium Faros outpatient monitoring solutions include several software options for cardiac monitoring. The built-in arrhythmia detection algorithms of Faros device are used for event recording and mobile event monitoring that enable earlier repatriation of patients and even better ability to react to potentially emerging arrhythmias faster.
- BrainStatus is a wireless compact EEG amplifier, which is used together with a disposable easy and quick to wear Bittium BrainStatus electrode headband for example to diagnose epileptic seizures and brain stroke. Bittium BrainStatus enables quick measurement in field conditions as well as in hospitals, thus making the treatment process of the patient faster. Bittium BrainStatus can be used for remote and wireless real-time EEG monitoring or data can be recorded to the device memory.
- Bittium SafeMove® Zone Health is an application and infrastructure software solution designed for Android devices to efficiently monitor and analyze patients outside the hospital environment. Real-time monitoring of the patient’s vital signs allows care workers act quickly providing the needed treatment to patients. The solution includes a smart phone application which helps interaction between the care workers and the patients. The patient is able to raise alerts with an emergency button, and the care worker can request acknowledgement from patients e.g. after detected cardiac arrhythmia. The device management and analytics tools enable the secure collection, transfer and analysis of sensor based data. The solution can be complemented with a wearable device for additional sensor support. SafeMove® Zone Health is part of the SafeMove® Zone product family which enables the use of smart devices for safety and security.
Bittium’s products and solutions are exhibited at stand A101.