Solidatus Achieves Inaugural Gartner Magic Quadrant Listing
- 16.11.2020 02:33 pm
Solidatus, the leader in metadata management, has achieved its first placement on the Gartner Magic Quadrant for metadata management as one of 17 market leaders in its field.
Solidatus is the only new entrant in the field to be added to this year’s Gartner Magic Quadrant, and is one of the youngest companies to attain placement in the Quadrant’s history.
Gartner’s assessment of Solidatus notes the business’ “immense experience” working with financial services organisations, providing regulatory and compliance expertise in one of the world’s most heavily regulated industries. It has also identified the uniqueness of Solidatus’ lineage-first approach. Gartner also identified their clients’ recognition of its flexibility, ease of search and visualisation, and its “investigate and fix” offering. Their assessment also praised Solidatus’ ability to easily bind and integrate other applications, bookending organisations’ data into a single, visual lineage set.
The achievement comes during the London-based firm’s most successful year to date, which has seen it more than double in size, quadruple in revenue and announce strategic commercial and investment partnerships with Tier 1 client Citi. 2021 is shaping up to be an even bigger year, with the company again expecting to more than double in size, as well as expand further into new territories.
This year has also seen a number of other achievements for Solidatus, including:
- Gartner Peer Insights’ independent client satisfaction rating of 4.9 out of 5, with 92% industry reviews at 5-Star rating, and a “100% would recommend” endorsement
- Solidatus collaborated with the Financial Conduct Authority by providing its modelling software to over 90 participants at their recent DataSprint. The DataSprint developed synthetic data assets for a Digital Sandbox pilot to solve use cases including combating fraud and supporting financial resilience
- Membership of the Enterprise Data Management Council (EDM Council) Cloud Data Management Capabilities (CDMC) Best Practices Review Committee
- Developing an industry-first model for Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and membership of EDM Council ESG Work Group and selected as the DCAM Knowledge Modelling solution
- Committee membership of ISO 20022 Semantic Models working group
- Significant multichannel diversification of its client base among Tier 1 US and European financial services institutions, government & public sector, retail, regulatory authorities, food manufacturing, pharmaceutical and healthcare
Philip Miller, co-CEO of Solidatus, comments: “Making the Magic Quadrant is an important milestone for the business, recognising the incredible growth Solidatus has seen since its inception. For it to occur in a year transformed by the global COVID-19 pandemic is simply exceptional. This affirms our vision is truly unique with its visual, adaptable ‘lineage-first’ approach to solving the complex issues of corporate metadata management. We’re on course for further growth and breaking into new sectors, demonstrating the efficiencies the platform can bring to sectors beyond our current bases in financial services, government, pharmaceutical and retail.”
Philip Dutton, co-CEO of Solidatus, adds: “To have achieved the Magic Quadrant listing just three years after securing our first client is a ringing endorsement of how quickly we’ve managed to address client needs and how our solution is driving the industry forward. We couldn’t have imagined obtaining this achievement in such a short period. Being recognised for the value we bring to the data management space by such a prestigious organisation is a feat for Solidatus. Our goal is to become not only the industry leader, but also the benchmark for metadata management delivering on the promise of data.”
Placement in the Magic Quadrant also comes in the same year as Solidatus’ successful rollout of its latest software update, Version 4.0, featuring its integrated, elevated and enhanced industry-leading Data Catalog. In support of this significant growth phase, it also expanded its senior team with the appointment of several new hires.
Solidatus is passionate about revolutionising the data economy. The business’ primary focus is on shifting the data management paradigm towards sustainability and helping organisations become proactive rather than reactive when it comes to the management of their data. Understanding and harnessing data is one of the biggest, most longstanding, operational challenges facing enterprises the world over. Solidatus brings clarity, ease and structure to that process.
Solidatus represents the next generation of metadata management, including data governance. It facilitates operational transparency and control by managing the relationship between data, people and processes for the world’s largest data-rich, regulated organisations. The solution has been shown to offer up to 90% efficiency savings over traditional methods and provides the only viable low-touch solution to complex data problems.