Mphasis Moves Up from 69th to 74th Percentile in S&P Global’s DJSI Corporate Sustainability Assessment Annual Review 2022
- 23.12.2022 12:15 pm
Mphasis, an Information Technology (IT) solutions provider specializing in cloud and cognitive services, has moved up from the 69th to 74th percentile y-o-y, in the S&P Global’s Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA) Annual Review 2022. The improvement in scores further demonstrates the impact of Mphasis’s integrated ESG efforts on sustainability.
Mphasis received a score of 59 out of 100 points showing major improvement across all areas – Environment (58th percentile), Social (74th percentile) and Governance (73rd to 82 percentile). The company also recorded full points in various other ESG parameters including, Codes of Conduct, IT Security / Cybersecurity Measures, Process Innovations, Climate Change Strategy, Energy Consumption, Discrimination & Harassment, and People Analytics, among others.
Mphasis is committed to integrating sustainability across its operations and demonstrating what it means to be a leader in the industry by a purpose-led approach to solving challenges. Mphasis has released disclosed interventions in alignment with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards (in accordance with the Core option) and also mapped its efforts against the United Nations (UN) Global Compact Principles in the ESG report.
Mphasis’ key ESG achievements of FY 2022 are:
- Mphasis has about 34% representation of women across its workforce and are among the 100 best companies for women in India and an exemplar of inclusion
- Recognized as one of the top 25 safest workplaces in India for setting new benchmarks in the Prevention of Sexual Harassment (PoSH) in the workplace
- Spent about INR 282.08 million on 16 social and community projects and 800 employees volunteered for a total of 1500 hours to mentor and educate underprivileged children
- Mphasis is also supporting three technology-focused partnerships across universities and institutions in India
- Has been recycling 100% of wastewater across its campuses in India and 54% of renewable energy is used across operations
- Accelerated its efforts to phase out ozone-depleting pollutants and is invested in solar plants to help reduce the carbon footprint generated.
With multiple policies and initiatives geared towards curbing global warming, the IT solutions provider has been striving towards reducing the environmental impact of its operations. Notably, the carbon footprint generated by Mphasis has been much lower than in other industries. Additionally, by setting its commitment towards renewable energy, Mphasis has set a year-on-year target for the reduction of its energy consumption by 5% and a 1% reduction in carbon footprint every year.
The Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) was launched in 1999 as the pioneering series of global sustainability benchmarks available in the market and measures the performance of companies selected using ESG criteria. DJSI comprises global sustainability leaders as identified by S&P Global through the Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA). It represents the top 10% of the largest 2,500 companies in the S&P Global BMI based on long-term economic, environmental, and social criteria.