The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), in collaboration with Fraunhofer FOKUS and ENISA, today announced the presentations and speaker line up for the upcoming SecureCloud conference. The SecureCloud 2016 conference is scheduled for May 24 – 25 at Aviva Stadium in Dublin, Ireland. SecureCloud is the only European conference focused exclusively on cloud security and aims to provide an opportunity for government experts, industry experts, and corporate decision makers to discuss and exchange ideas about how to shape the future of cloud computing security.
“Even with all the awareness of the benefits of cloud technology, an overwhelming number of companies still have concerns about security, privacy and data management in the cloud and conferences such as this one are an important forum to address, discuss and resolve these concerns,” said Daniele Catteddu, Chief Technology Officer of the CSA. “SecureCloud will bring together some of the cloud industry’s top experts and thought leaders and we expect that it will draw substantial interest from the industry. We anticipate that this year’s event will further grow this body of knowledge and help us achieve a more trusted and secure cloud environment.”
An initial line up of featured speakers include:
· “Securing the Cloud of Tomorrow” by Raj Samani, VP and CTO for Intel Security
· “Privacy & Security in the Cloud: Customer Rights and Governments’ Lawful Access to Data” by John Frank, Vice President, EU Government Affairs at Microsoft
· "Understanding the Crux - Abuse of Cloud Storage Services for Targeted Cyber Attacks" by Aditya K. Sood, Director of Security and Cloud Threat Labs at Elastica.
· “Flying Through a Cloudy Sky” by Michaela Iorga, Senior Security Technical Lead for Cloud Computing at NIST.
Additional featured presentations will also be given by Laura Koetzle, Vice President and General Manager, Forrester Research; Vinay Patel, Global Head of Information Security Risk Management at Citi Technology Infrastructure; Dr. Kuan Hon, Senior Researcher at QML, Nathaly Rey, EMEA Trust Manager, Google for Work, EMC and Jim Reavis, Co-founder and CEO of the CSA.
This year’s event will also include a number of key panel presentations focused on some of the most emerging trends and issues in cloud computing including:
· "Cloud Computing Compliance Controls Catalog (C5)" by Information Security Expert Patrick Grete, Clemens Doubrava of Bristish Standards Institute (BSI) and Charles Schulz of Agence nationale de sécurité des systèmes d’information (ANSSI)
· “Financial Services in the Cloud” by Craig Balding of Barclays, Mario Maawad of Caixa Bank and Douglas Taylor of Citi