Elliptic Launches Full Coverage of Tezos and Supports Stellar USD Coin in New Year Platform Expansion
- 11.01.2022 03:55 pm
Elliptic, the global leader in cryptoasset risk management, today announced the launch of full compliance coverage capabilities of the Tezos blockchain and its native asset XTZ, and expanded support of USD Coin (USDC) to include the Stellar blockchain. In addition, new screening capabilities will be added to Elliptic Lens to enable users to check for sanctioned addresses on nearly 400 new assets.
The news comes as Elliptic continues to build out products and services designed to make cryptoasset use in business and finance transparent and secure.
Elliptic’s new capabilities across the Tezos blockchain and its native asset XTZ will provide businesses with the ability to safely and securely create smart contracts that allow participants to directly control the rules of the network. Tezos has seen rapid growth in popularity in recent years as market participants increasingly view it as an important part of the future of contract settlement in business and finance.
Additionally, Elliptic will now be able to provide analytics and screening for parties exchanging USD-backed stablecoin USDC across Stellar, which is an open source, decentralized protocol for digital currency to low-cost fiat money transfers, allowing cross-border transactions between any pair of currencies.
The new capabilities across Tezos and Stellar come as part of Elliptic’s New Year platform expansion. This will see a raft of upgrades and launches across blockchains and product areas targeting the financial services and crypto industries, as the business builds out capabilities on offer to these companies.
The full range of Elliptic’s platform upgrades and launches include:
- Full coverage of the Tezos blockchain and its native asset XTZ
- USD Coin will now be supported on the Stellar blockchain alongside Ethereum, which is already operational
- Added screening capabilities to Elliptic Lens, allowing users to check for sanctioned addresses on nearly 400 new assets
- Increased coverage breadth of virtual asset service providers (VASPs) on Elliptic Discovery, the only tool that now provides users with access to on and off-blockchain activity analytics of over 1,000 VASPs
- Provision of real-time analytics capabilities on Ethereum, Stellar and Ripple blockchains, improving user accuracy by providing the ability to screen activity as it happens
- Adding Risk Graph functionality to Ethereum, Stellar and Ripple blockchains, providing users with a visual interpretation which allows them to plot and visualize the flows of funds immediately and map the relationship with between parties within a transaction
“There is an increasing appetite among the business and financial services community for products that can increase the transparency and security of blockchain technologies that are now part of the financial mainstream,” said Elliptic CPO John Connolly. “Our continued progress in delivering deeper analytical capabilities across a broad range of technologies is critical to supporting businesses to adopt and use cryptoassets in a way that is trusted and safe.”