Concurrent Unveils Availability of Origin Release 3
- Asset Management
- 26.04.2017 12:45 pm
Concurrent, a global leader in storage, protection, transformation, and delivery of visual assets announces the availability of Origin Release 3, offering video service providers the most comprehensive origin platform for ingesting, hosting, distributing, and serving video content to any device, any time, over any network, for content service providers.
Concurrent's Origin Release 3 adds several new capabilities including "Restart TV" for live streams to IP devices enabling viewers to go back to the beginning of any live show they are watching; and new small footprint deployment options providing lower cost entry points without compromising functionality or the ability to scale as capacity requirements increase.
The platform uses a common integrated architecture to enable service providers to launch live video streaming, video on demand, Catch-up TV, Restart TV, and cloud DVR services to IP devices and classic cable set-top boxes. Integrated content adaptation for Just-In-Time IP packaging and encryption ensures the content is delivered using the adaptive bitrate (ABR) format and digital rights management (DRM) supported by the type of IP device.
"As viewers request more video services and flexibility for an ever-increasing array of consumer devices, service providers are challenged to meet new expectations and remain competitive," said Scott Ryan, Concurrent's SVP of Content Solutions. "Concurrent's Origin Release 3 delivers new revenue generating, value-added features supporting live, on-demand, and cloud DVR workloads for any device, from a single platform that is far simpler to deploy and scale."
With new redundancy and scalability features, Origin Release 3 can now be deployed with minimal footprint, without compromising functionality, reliability, and scalability. Instead of multiple separate servers supporting back-office integration, resource management, VOD, live streaming, and DVR, Origin Release 3 enables all these services to exist on a single server, or initially two servers to support seamless failover for high availability. Additional servers can be added to support live recording and streaming capacity scaling requirements.
New and enhanced features include:
- Multiple hardware and software deployment options from software-only, VM, single server, and clustered hardware solutions
- Restart TV for IP Devices, an addition to a comprehensive suite of time-shift TV options for both IP devices and RTSP set-top-boxes including Pause Live TV, Catch Up TV and Cloud DVR
- Content delivery for all devices, all formats, all protocols, to support RTSP/QAM Set-Top-Boxes and IP Devices
- Direct-to-object integration with AquariTM flexible and scalable performance storage
- Just-In-Time Packaging for streaming the correct format required by IP devices such as Smooth Streaming, HLS, HDS, and DASH
- Just-In-Time Encryption with DRM (Digital Rights Management) integration
- VOD ingest and storage, live ingest recording, and live IP streaming
- Comprehensive Back-office integration