Airwallex Strengthens End-to-end Offering in Australia with New Online Card Payment Acceptance Solution
- APIs , Payments , P-Cards
- 23.07.2021 09:00 am
Airwallex’s new online card payments solution provides businesses with a seamless and secureway to collect online Visa and Mastercard payments from customers around the world
- Today’s launch strengthens Airwallex’s end-to-end proposition in Australia, allowing Australian businesses to collect card payments as well as hold, convert and spend their funds in a single multi-currency platform
- Availability in Australia extends Airwallex’s online payments global footprint, further enabling businesses to operate globally
To better support the growing needs of businesses, leading global fintech platform Airwallex today launches its online card payments solution in Australia, strengthening its capability to provide end-to-end financial products and service for businesses looking to grow without borders.
Airwallex’s online card payments solution was first launched in the UK in 2020 and subsequently in Hong Kong earlier this year. Today’s availability in Australia extends the company’s online payments global footprint, further enabling its customers to operate globally.
Through the new solution, businesses now have a seamless and secure way of collecting online Visa and Mastercard payments from customers around the world. Businesses can also select from three different integration methods to enhance their digital payment strategy, based on their industry and specific needs. This includes:
- Get Paid: One-off links that are instantly generated and issued to customers for invoice payments
- Shopping Extensions: A suite of plugins that enables merchants using shopping platforms (such as WooCommerce and Magento) to accept card and WeChat Pay payments from customers
- API: A payments acceptance API that integrates directly into the organization’s website and provides a customizable checkout experience and a variety of payment options
Additionally, when funds are received in multiple currencies through Airwallex’s online payments solution, businesses can settle in more than eight currencies with zero conversion fees, hold their multi-currency funds in their Airwallex accounts, and spend directly through means such as Airwallex’s debit cards in Australia. This entire end-to-end management of business finances is made simpler, more efficient and much more cost-effective on the Airwallex platform, all while ensuring the margins and fees are fully transparent.
Craig Rees, VP, Global Head of Platform at Airwallex said: “We are so excited to launch our online card payments solutions in Australia as we continuously look to strengthen our end-to-end offering. Payments are a core part of any business and a highly-requested feature from our customers in Australia. And as we look to continue to empower businesses to grow and operate globally, we are focused on helping businesses manage their international payments more efficiently.”
“Our new online payments solution therefore aims to meet their demands, and is designed to enable secure, transparent and cost-effective payment transactions in multiple currencies, while eliminating the need for separate tools and solutions,” added Rees.
Airwallex’s new online card payments capabilities adds onto its existing payment solutions in Australia, including its WeChat Pay solution that was launched in Australia last year. To accelerate its focus on research and development on more new products, Airwallex also recently announced a new Sydney engineering hub alongside its existing Melbourne hub, and aims to double its 50-strong Australian engineering team by the end of the year. Outside of Australia, Airwallex has engineering hubs in San Francisco, Shanghai and Amsterdam.